Yesterday we talked about the nets....I know....I mean, what are nets.....they are to catch something right? And normally, whatever is caught won't be happy much longer. So what are some things we can get caught in?Proverbs 12:12 The wicked desireth the net of evil men:
1) Advertisements- The reason we see them everywhere is because they work! Just hearing the sound of the pop and hissing sound when opening a can....don't you suddenly feel like a nice cold coke?
2) Internet- Today it is way to easy to get caught in this world wide web....way to easy we can get a hold of wrong information and land on bad websites.
3) TV- or networks. The TV in itself is not bad.....but the more you sit in front of it you are letting yourself be programed....by who? What are you letting come into your home and heart?
4) Politics- I think us young ladies won't be caught up into this too quickly but there is so much exploiting and lying involved.
5) Conspiracy theories- Though I've never really gotten into them they are SUPER interesting. One thing is sure....the way they say things happened on TV are never 100% true. What REALLY happened with the Twin Towers....it probably was an inside job....but we will never really know and it will not change anything.
7) Pyramid Schemes- Companies like Amway, Pampered Chef, Tupperware, Thirty-One, Herbal Life.....I am NOT against them. I have many lady friends involved in some of these....and would even do some of them....but they should be treated with caution. They ARE a lot of work and if you are not careful you'll be looking at people around you with $$ signs and be willing to speak to complete strangers about Tupperware....but not Jesus Christ.
What did you learn about in church yesterday?