January 28, 2012

The Next Step...


Next Step

As you all know I have been trying to get to Germany where I knew the Lord wanted me and to be with the love of my life. ♥ Starting from the beginning of this year Iris and I have been praying and fasting for the Lord to show me a road to Germany. I have tried to go down many roads before and they all have been dead ends. One night we were talking about Germany and different ideas when Iris's mom recommended going to the German language school. We had talked about it before but had never really considered it yet. So then we started to pray and fast about this in particular. It was a big opportunity and we both had peace about it but I was not satisfied with that. I wanted to hear from the Lord.

This the situation we are looking at: Anyone can go to the Language-school but not everyone can work in Germany. I would have to get a student-visa in order to work (up to 20 hours a week) but normally they only give language-visas which would not allow me to work.[risk #1] With that said if I only get a language-visa then I will have to find a job on the American military base. Since the Heidelberg base is closing they are not hiring as much. [risk #2]

That is why I needed to make sure that God was in this. We prayed and fasted this past Monday specifically that the Lord would give me a verse proving that this was THE road that God wanted me to take. Tuesday morning while reading in Matthew the Lord showed me chapter 16 verses 24-25:
"Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it."
I read this verse many times and I have heard it preached many times. But as we all know it does not matter how many times you've read your Bible through you will always discover something that you've never read that way before. After reading those verses I know the Lord wanted me to lose my life here in the States and gain my new life in Germany. The road will be long and hard but so it the road that Jesus took and his command was to "take up his cross, and follow me."

So this is the beginning of a new adventure. Please pray for use as I take this new step of faith. ( The reason I say us is because this decision does not only affect me)

Patrick's surprise:

Iris: I had been thinking about making a "relationship-calender" for quite awhile. After Patrick's surprise flowers came I really wanted to do it. My mom told me about a good deal but it already expired so I started looking for some deals online. I found an awesome website where the prices were good AND I got the second one for free!!! (Now I can have one, too)  After two days the calender came and I made Patrick a little box with some goodies, the calender and some Valentine surprises for next month.

Patrick: When I found out that Iris was making a surprise for me I was excited and extremely anxious to see what was coming.  Her mom and dad were both giving me a hard time about how wonderful the gift was which made matters even worse. ☺ But I deserved it because I did the same thing to Iris.

Iris: I think I was more excited about it than Patrick because I loved how it turned out and I was anxious to see Patrick's response. I had a fun time creating it. I added different of our favorite pictures trying to match them to the particular month and backgrounds. To each month I added a verse or a long-distance-relationship quote.

Patrick: The box finally came in last week and I had to pick it up at my moms. I knew there were b-day gifts for Hannah in there and opened the box there. I opened the box and gave Hannah her gifts and then I saw the calender. It was amazing. I was very excited and went to show it to my mom who also liked it.

Here are some pictures of the Calendar.

QUESTION?????
We always watch a movie together on our date nights. They have to be on you tube (or something similar) so we can watch the same movie simultaneously. We are running out of movies...
Do you know of any interesting movies that we could watch together online? Please leave your ideas by commenting under this post.

↓↓↓↓↓ Tell us if it was funny, interesting or sweet↓↓↓↓↓
☺ And leave us a comment! ☺










No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, dear reader! ♥ Tell me your thoughts, opinions, or anything else you want to say. I promise....I'll respond!

Please make sure you are not a NO-REPLY COMMENTER and have hooked up your email address to your account. Or come back to see my answer!