October 29, 2012

Buried with Christ, and raised with Him too


Buried with Christ, and raised with Him too;
What is there left for me to do?
Simply to cease from struggling and strife,
Simply to walk in newness of life.
Glory be to God!

Risen with Christ, my glorious Head,
Holiness now the pathway I tread,
Beautiful thought, while walking therein:
He that is dead is freed from sin.
Glory be to God!

Living with Christ, who dieth no more,
Following Christ, who goeth before;
I am from bondage utterly freed,
Reckoning self as dead indeed.
Glory be to God!

Living for Christ, my members I yield,
Servants to God, for evermore sealed,
Not under law, I'm now under grace,
Sin is dethroned, and Christ takes its place.
Glory be to God!

Growing in Christ; no more shall be named
Things of which now I'm truly ashamed,
Fruit unto holiness will I bear,
Life evermore, the end I shall share.
Glory be to God!



While doing my assigned reading for my Class "Romans" I came across this song. I have never heard it before but the words are great.

Oliver Green, the author of the study book "Romans" writes: " To speak of salvation apart of Jesus Christ is to advertise a total ignorance in the teaching of the Gospel of the Lord Almighty. Jesus Christ is the hub of the wheel of salvation, and every spoke points to the hub- Jesus Christ, the virgin-born, only begotten, sinless Son of God.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, dear reader! ♥ Tell me your thoughts, opinions, or anything else you want to say. I promise....I'll respond!

Please make sure you are not a NO-REPLY COMMENTER and have hooked up your email address to your account. Or come back to see my answer!