August 10, 2013

Schloss Syan

After the Butterfly House we went to look at the Beautiful Palace Syan that was just near by. This beautiful palace started out as a simple baracks for the soldiers watching the Castle on the top of the hill. Later it was bought by a prince and renovated to be a sweet home for his beautiful Russian bride. 

It stood proud and unharmed through both world wars....but 3 days before the end of WWII a German group blew up a near by bridge which destroyed the home. The family was now homeless. MANY years later the family was funded to rebuild the palace to its previous beauty. Now it is home to 2 museums, a cafe and office for the Prince (we actually got to see him!).



Wouldn't it be grand to live in a place like that?


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful place! I am loving all the details. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, dear reader! ♥ Tell me your thoughts, opinions, or anything else you want to say. I promise....I'll respond!

Please make sure you are not a NO-REPLY COMMENTER and have hooked up your email address to your account. Or come back to see my answer!