December 05, 2013

Short Dress to Pretty Shirt


When I saw this I fell in love...the colors, the print...beautiful BUT it was far from my modest guidlines and it just sat a bit to snug. So what did I do?

I made it into a shirt....and here is how:
#1- I removed the zipper from the dress carefully
#2 - I sewed down the back where I had removed the zipper
#3- I used a shirt that fit me well as a guideline to how to sew it.
#4- I cut out the sleeve area off the sides, cut how long the shirt should be and cut out the neckline
#5- I decided to keep it sleeveless and pinned down the arm area.
#6- I took of a strap and used it to bind the neckline.

You're done!


Did you order a Christmas cards yet? You don't want to get them out late! ☺


3 comments:

  1. that is so cute! I love all of your creative ideas on making stuff work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Iris! I wish I could sew, but I am pinning this. Great job. It's so cute. Thank you for linking up to Traffic Jam Weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, dear reader! ♥ Tell me your thoughts, opinions, or anything else you want to say. I promise....I'll respond!

Please make sure you are not a NO-REPLY COMMENTER and have hooked up your email address to your account. Or come back to see my answer!